OMG – it’s December already!
OK, I admit it, I’ve had my outdoor holiday lights up for a few weeks. I LOVE the holidays, and, truthfully, 2020 has not been the best of years. We need some cheering up – right?!
Wow, we’ve been distancing for so long I feel like I might break when we can hug again…
One thing that I have mentioned several times in these posts is how important self-care is right now. What is your self-care routine?
Do you meditate at least once a day? Eat healthy foods? Take bubble baths?
I know how hard it can be to stop and take care of ourselves when we are anxious or frightened or angry, but, THAT’S when we need self-care the most!
Here are my top five recommendations for taking care of YOURSELF during difficult times:
- Meditate, meditate, meditate… Meditation takes our mind off our troubles and brings us into the present moment, the only moment that matters, and leaves us with a more peaceful mind. If you don’t have a meditation practice, begin one. Even if you start with this 5 minute guided meditation. Please just start.
- Exercise is another great way to reduce stress hormones and make us FEEL BETTER! Again, five minutes a day will help. Everyone can spare five minutes. See the video below for a five minute routine that I love, and, you can start sitting down!
- Get outside. I know the weather is getting colder, but put on a coat, gloves, a hat and get out. Just a walk around the yard or the block can make a huge difference in how you FEEL. When we feel even the tiniest bit of pleasure, we get rid of those stress hormones that can make us ill!
- Yes, LOL! Listen to a funny recording, or watch a few minutes of a comedy routine – even the older ones from Groucho Marx or George Burns are still funny. Science has shown that even the anticipation of laughter releases endorphins (feel good hormones).
- Anything that feels special to you – like an herbal bath, or a cup of hot chocolate, or a foot massage with sesame oil. Whatever simple pleasure you enjoy – do it for yourself!
Because I know that many of you believe meditation is too difficult, or that you can’t stop your mind, or whatever is preventing you from meditating, I’m running a special on my next meditation course. The course is called “Meditation Made Simple AND Fun!” and it’s a live, via Zoom, 6-week training where you’ll learn 6 different ways to meditate. You will definitely find the one that works for you!
I’ve been teaching meditation for many years now and I know that one size does not fit all, so my course is designed for those who think they can’t meditate.
If you know someone who would love to learn, give them the gift that they’ll use every day for the rest of their life! I’ll happily send you a gift certificate! Click here to see how meditation has made a difference in the lives of others!
Best of Health,