Here's a delicious recipe that includes Rosemary from Dr. Mark Hyman's book, "The Blood Sugar Solution."
Lemon Rosemary Chicken with Swiss Chard and Baked Delicata Squash
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Delicata squash halved and seeded (I used Acorn squash)
1 Lg head of Swiss Chard roughly chopped
2 (6 oz) Boneless chicken breasts (I used boneless skinless thighs)
1/4 Cup Almond Meal
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Cup low sodium chicken broth
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brush the cut sides of the squash with 1 tsp of the olive oil. Place squash, cut sides down on a baking sheet and roast for 20-30 min. It's cooked when a knife slides easily into the flesh when pierced.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in saucepan and saute the Swiss Chard 5-6 min until it wilts. Put aside
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap on the counter, place the chicken on top with another piece of plastic wrap over it and pound with a kitchen mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the almond meal and salt and pepper to taste
- Heat remaining oil in your saute pan over medium high heat, add the chicken and cook 5 min per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine broth, lemon juice and rosemary in a bowl until well mixed.
- When the chicken is golden brown on both sides and cooked well through, add the liquid mixture to the pan and reduce for 3-4 minutes.
Serve chicken on top of the cooked greens with the squash on the side. Yummmmmm!
Wishing you a delicious and healthy week!
Best of Health,