Here is my favorite Chocolate Cake recipe. I bring it to parties all the time and people LOVE it! They don’t have any idea it’s Gluten Free!
- 2 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour (NOT the one with the xanthum gum already included)
- 1 tsp Xanthum gum
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups natural organic sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sheep yogurt (you can use sour cream if no one is lactose intolerant)
- 1/2 cup canned, full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour 2 (9 inch) round cake pans.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, Xanthum gum, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for at least 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then mix in the yogurt, milk, and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture until just blended. Do not overbeat. Pour into pans.
- Bake 35 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
I serve with ice cream – coconut milk ice cream if you’re dairy free, or any other of your choice.
You can also simply sift a bit of confectionary sugar over the top of the cake as a frosting.
We also sometimes add a tiny bit of strawberry jam between the layers when we sprinkle with the confectionary sugar.
Have fun with it!
Best of Health,