This stew is so good that I don’t wait until St. Patrick’s Day to serve it, but have it often throughout the winter!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lamb, cut into chunks, bones removed (used for the bone broth)
- 2 lg. red potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 lg. onions, chopped
- 2 cups finely sliced cleaned leeks
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons Gluten Free flour
- 1 1/2 quarts bone broth – (I use lamb bones for mine)
- Several cabbage leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt, and pepper to taste
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet, then brown the lamb chunks
- Remove the meat and set aside
- Add the veggetables and the rest of the oil and meat scrappings and cook on medium high until they begin to soften.
- Add the bone broth and simmer for at least 2 hours (you can cook for up to 8 hours in your crock pot)
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately!
Note – this is even better the next day and keeps in the refrigerator for several days.
Best of Health,