Nutrien packed dinner that can be made ahead and frozen in single serving containers!
Turkey Meatball Stew
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped into small bits
- 6 or 7 large cloves of garlic (We love garlic!)
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika (try it, you’ll like it)
- 4 cups of carrots sliced small and par boiled
- 3 14 oz. cans of diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth (yes, get the low sodium)
- 1 15oz can of chick peas
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 pckg of frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 oz grated manchego cheese (it’s a sheep cheese)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- any other frozen veggies that you like – peppers, mushrooms, green beans cauliflower, etc. we’ve tried all and they work.
- Heat oil in large stew pot over medium heat and add onions, garlic and cook until soft.
- Transfer half of this mixture into a large bowl.
- Add paprika and carrots to the pot and cook another couple of minutes
- add the tomatoes, chick peas, and chicked broth and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, add the ground turkey, parsley, and manchego cheese into the bowl of oinions and garlic and mix with hands until you can form into several small meatballs
- Brown the meatballs for a few minutes before placing them into the stew pot
- Simmer all, stirring occaisionaly for about 10 more minutes
- Add the frozen veggies and the sherry and cook for another 10-15 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
This is delicious as is, or garnished with some of the parsley.
You can also grate a bit more of the Manchego cheese over it when serving.
Best of Health,