It’s the first week of April! Here’s a workout I put together for myself to get my abs, arms, legs, and upper body in shape for shorts and tanks season. Please join me; we can keep each other accountable!
Let me know if you have questions about any of the exercises. I have photos, descriptions, etc. of the CORRECT way to do them.
This is a six day program, with alternating exercise days (A/B days), and one rest day.
1. Start with 5 minutes of jumping jacks, high kicks, hula hooping or any aerobic exercise that you love.
2. Pilates 100’s – start wherever you can and build up to all 100 breaths.
3. Pilates Bicycles – work up to 25.
4. Side Plank – build up to 1 minute on each side.
5. Pilates Leg Pull Back, with or without leg lifts – work up to 6 reps each leg.
Repeat 3 – 5, then end with 5 more minutes of your favorite aerobic activity, and a 2 minute cool down.
1. Five minutes Qi Qong, Yoga or any other meditative exercise that you enjoy.
2. Push-ups – as many as you can do of knee, wall, or military style push-ups. Work your way up to 20.
3. Super Squats– work your way up to 10, with a ten second hold.
4. Lunges – work up to 30 on each side.
5. Pilates Side Leg raises and circles – complete 10 raises and 5 circles in each direction adding more as you get stronger.
6. If you can still walk, try a 5 minute walk around your house or neighborhood.
Do all 6 days, then enjoy a day off!
Best of Health,